Workshop for cleaning up digital data to reduce digital carbon footprint, 2020-2021
‘Data Cleansing Workshop’ is an activity for organizing and emptying data such as documents, photos, and videos stacked and replicated(backed-up) in the personal computer, external hard drive, or cloud storage.
Through this activity, we look back at the relationship between the vast amount of digital data we produce, save, replicate, and the physical digital infrastructures constructed to store what we make. The workshop aims not only to clean up our mind distracted by unorganized piled up files but also to get a clean emptied storage space. Furthermore, it is expected to contribute to producing much smaller data carbon footprints due to the reduced data storage.
- data storage(cloud drive/usb/external hard drive/document folders in your pc) that needs to be cleaned up
- wear comfortable clothes and prepare a cup of tea to make you relax
The idea was initially designed as a part of the project off-technology R&D no.2 Cloud Island, which is a participated artistic research of RE:Discovery by NP3 & Minerva Art Academy, supported by Noordenaars, We The North and Mondriaan Fonds.
- Workshop Data Cleansing Day, via Zoom, NP3, Groningen, Netherlands, 03-04.10.2020
- Data Cleansing Workshop, SAPY, Seoul, South Korea, 27-28.02.2021
- A pop-up shop event for 'Data Cleansing Guide book', SAPY, Seoul, South Korea, 10-11.04.2021
- Data Cleansing Day, Zero Makes Zero & Woman Open Tech Lab, Seoul, South Korea, 30.May&06.Jun.2021